So simple to make!
Traditional quiche is delicious but can be full of calories, mainly because of the crust. This crustless quiche has tons of flavor and fewer calories. You won’t even think twice about the fact that there isn’t any crust!
This is a great make ahead lunch for the week. I made 2 and froze one. They reheat perfectly and can last in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You can definitely mix it up when choosing ingredients for your quiche. I made these with sweet Italian sausage, hatch green chilies, onion and spinach.
Crustless Chicken Sausage Quiche
Flavorful dish with fewer calories than traditional quiche.
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese (you can use any cheese your prefer)
- 1 4 oz Can Green Hatch Chilies
- 1 Pound Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage (if you can't find it, use links and remove the casings)
- 2 Cups Shredded Organic Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Organic 2 % Milk (any % milk will be fine)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion (optional)
- 1 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Add olive oil to a heated pan.
If using onions, add onions and cook until translucent.
Add sausage and brown until it's not pink.
Add spinach and cook for a few more minutes until spinach is wilted.
Remove from heat and let cool.
In a large mixing bowl beat 3 large eggs.
Add cheese and green chilies to the eggs.
Add sausage mixture to the eggs and mix thoroughly.
Lightly grease pie dish and pour mixture in making sure it is dispersed evenly.
Cook for 50 minutes or until center is firm. I broiled it for the last few minutes so it would brown on top.
Remove from oven, let cool slightly and enjoy!