High Intensity Interval Training otherwise know as HIIT is short burst of intense effort followed by a rest period. Below are some good reasons to add HIIT to your workout routine.
1. You can get a lot done in a short amount of time – most of us want to get in and out of the gym in a timely manner. 45 minutes of a great HIIT workout is all you need.
2. You burn more calories and fat – Your body has to work overtime to recover from the intense effort therefore creating a residual calorie and fat burn.
3. You can do it anywhere with little to no equipment – My favorite HIIT workout is just me and box.
4. It’s hard – This workout method isn’t for wimps, just because it’s short doesn’t mean it’s not hard. Push yourself to your limit and see results.
5. It’s not boring – long cardio sessions can be monotonous, HIIT is a great way to add some excitement to your workout.
6. You look cool doing it – ever watch someone doing an intense workout? Can be impressive and inspiring to others.
There are many different ways to do a HIIT workout, Below is one of my favorites, I always feel like I accomplished something great when I’m done.
Try this and let me know what you think! If you liked it, share with your friends. Scroll to bottom of page to comment.
Click here for a video from