I stumbled upon this recipe while searching for something to bring to a party. They were such a hit at the party, I made them again for Thanksgiving. The recipe comes from Sally’s Baking Addiction, and is just one of her many fabulous recipes.
Not only are these delicious, they are light on calories, so you can eat even more of them! It’s hard to stop at just one.
I doubled the recipe for a bigger crowd and it turned out great.
Skinny Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
So delicious you would never know they are reduced calorie.
For the Crust
- 3/4 Cup Graham cracker crumbs (I get the ready made crumbs, if you have to make yourself it's about 5-6 sheets of graham crackers)
- 3 Tbls Butter or coconut oil (original recipe calls for 2 Tbls, but I found the crust was too dry so I increased)
For the filling
- 8 Ounces Reduced fat cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, (let soften to room temperature)
- 3/4 Cup Plain reduced fat Greek yogurt (2% is best)
- 2 Large egg whites
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Tbls All purpose flour
- 1 Tbls Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Line an 8x8 pan with either parchment paper or non-stick foil. I always use non-stick foil, it works great and there is no clean up. Use enough so that you can lift the bars out of pan to cool before cutting.
To make the crust mix graham cracker crumbs with the butter or oil. Press into bottom of pan and cook for 8 minutes. Let cool completely before adding the filling.
To make the filling beat the cream cheese for 1 min using hand mixer or standing mixer. Add in yogurt, egg whites, sugar and flour until mixture is smooth.
Add lemon juice and vanilla and beat an additional minute. Add chocolate chips and stir gently.
Spread filling on top of cooled graham cracker crust.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, cover with aluminum foil and cook an additional 5 minutes. Allow to cool at room temp for 20 minutes.
Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Take out and slice into bars.