This is another one of my favorites. I found this recipe years ago on the blog, No Thanks to Cake, and have been making it frequently ever since. The only changes I’ve made is to increase the amount of sauce, I like a lot of sauce! This is a light, low carb meal that is full of flavor and nutrition. The sauce is great for soaking into the rice, noodles or cauliflower rice, whichever you choose as your base. I included pictures below of the brands I prefer for some of the ingredients.
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 Onion sliced thin
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1-1 1/2 lbs Ground Turkey (I usually get approx 1.25 lbs)
- 2 tbls Chili garlic sauce ( If you don't like spicy just add 1 tbls. You can find this in the Asian section of any grocery store).
- 3 tbls Hoisin sauce (Adds sweetness so adjust to your taste.)
- 2 tsp crushed ginger ( I use jarred, much easier)
- 1.5 lbs Green beans
- 1/2 Cup Soy sauce (Can sub tamari if you are gluten free, or coconut aminos for paleo)
- 1 Tbls Seasoned Rice Vinegar
Heat sesame oil in a large pan and add onions.
Add ground turkey and brown over medium heat.
In a bowl add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, chili sauce, hoisin sauce and seasoned rice vinegar. Mix well.
Add sauce to the turkey and onions, mix until turkey is completely covered in sauce.
Add green beans and mix well.
Turn heat to simmer and let sit until green beans are tender. About 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the beans.
Serve over rice or cauliflower rice. Try the cauliflower, I promise you won't be disappointed, it's insanely delicious with this sauce.
Let me know if you try this and what you think! Scroll to bottom of page and leave a comment. Enjoy!