Have a fitness enthusiast that you need to give a great gift to? Luckily there are endless options, so many that it can be overwhelming. Here I’ve broken it down and chosen 10 that will win you big points with your fitness lover.
- Athletic clothing – you can never have enough workout shorts, pants, tops or bras. Check out Lululemon for the latest fashions in activewear. Just make sure to get a gift receipt, sizing can be tricky.
- Heart rate monitor – These babies have gotten so high tech in the last few years, it’s amazing what they can do. Most are worn on the wrist now, with real time results and bluetooth enabled. The Fitbit Surge has all the bells and whistles and gets great reviews.
- Gift certificate to a boutique gym – small specialty gyms are all the rage right now. You can take spin classes at places like The Rush or Soul Cycle. If it’s bar you’re into, there is The Daily Method, Bar Method or PureBar. For a heart pouding HIIT workout checkout Orangetheory or Fitwall. Most of them charge by memberships, per class or a package deal. Getting a package of say 10 classes would be a great gift for a loved one who likes to try new things.
- High tech head phones – Like the heart rate monitors, headphones have come a long way. Maybe your fitness fanatic is still using earbuds that plug into their phone. Those are so over they might as well be plugging them into a walkman. Runners World says the Jabra Elite Sport is a top pick for runners.
- Yoga Mat – if your fitness enthusiast is a yogi, perhaps getting them a fancy new mat would be a great idea. Best Reviews chooses Jade Harmony as their top pick, they also give a great breakdown of other available options with pros and cons for each.
- TRX – If your fitness enthusiast enjoys a home workout, a TRX suspension trainer may be the perfect gift. The TRX is basically a pair of straps with handles you can hold onto and can be used virtually anywhere. You do need a place to hang it from that will hold your body weight. You can get a challenging full body workout with just this one piece of equipment.
- Resistance exercise loop bands – this is a great idea for someone that travels frequently. It’s an inexpensive purchase, perfect for a stocking stuffer. Resistance bands are compact and can deliver a full body workout in a small amount of space. There are many different brands to choose from, Amazon has a good selection. Home Complete 4 gets good reviews.
- A really great water bottle – I have just discovered the Hydro Flask and I’m a convert. I don’t think I can go back to regular water bottles ever again. The hydro flask is double wall insulated and keeps liquids cold for up to 24 hours. Not only that, ice cubes stay frozen. It’s a must have for any gym rat. They’re a little pricey but worth every penny.
- No Slip Bike Grips – another great stocking stuffer for the spin enthusiast in your life. These will not only make a barrier between you and other peoples germs, it will keep your hands from slipping off the handlebars when you work up a good sweat. B-Bands has a selection of adorable ones.
- Waterproof iPod and earbuds – this is the BEST gift if you have a swimmer you’re looking to please. The ability to listen to music while swimming will be a major game changer!
Like any of these ideas? Comment below and let us know!